Are you a dog savvy person who can commit to helping one of our dogs become a good canine citizen?
If so, you may just be exactly who we are looking for!
Sometimes we need experienced dog lovers to foster dogs in the UK before they are adopted and go to their forever home. Occasionally we need an emergency foster home for a dog.
Fostering allows adult dogs to bridge that gap between shelter life and life in a home.
It also allows puppies to leave the shelter sooner and it lets senior dogs get some well
deserved comfort in their later years.
This would mean taking time for training, socialisation and making the commitment needed to help that dog succeed in their forever home.
If you are interesting in knowing more about joining the BMDR foster family and think
you might be able to reach out to one of our eligible rescue dogs, please follow the steps below:
We do have certain foster criteria so before starting, please note the following:
• Our minimum age for fostering is 24;
• We are unable to consider first time dog owners It is imperative our fosterers have substantial previous dog experience.
• If you have no other dog in the home, we would need for there to be previous rescue experience within the household
•We are unable to consider foster homes with children under ten years of age;
• We are unable to consider flats/apartments for puppies - unless on the ground floor with DIRECT access to a secure garden;
• If you work full time, a dog centred plan must be in place for the dog for when you are working
• A virtual home check will be carried out, so internet connection is required along with a camera device (mobile devices preferable) in order to move about during the check.
Read our FOSTERING INFORMATION.
Fill out our APPLICATION TO FOSTER.
One of our friendly team will process your application and go through your experience step by step. If you have the experience needed, then we will proceed to a home check.
A suitable dog for your circumstances will be allocated to you. Travel dates are then arranged.
You sign our FOSTERING CONTRACT.
Your dog or pup arrives.